After a virtual VBS in 2020 because of COVID, we are expecting hundreds of boys and girls to be back on our campus for Xtreme Week (Ingleside’s version of Vacation Bible School).
With the theme “Destination Dig” (think archaeological adventure), Xtreme Week is for boys and girls who have completed 3K – 5th grade. It’s Monday through Friday, June 7-11, from 8:45 a.m. -12:15 p.m.
How you can help. Here are three ways for you to help us make Xtreme Week a great spiritual success.
- First, invite a friend. There is no cost and registration is open on our website. You may register your kids here.
- Second, volunteer to serve. Almost 200 people have already committed to serve, but we need a few more. To serve with preschoolers, contact Ginny Fillingim at firstname.lastname@example.org. To serve with kids, contact Nick Wilbur at email@example.com.
- Third, pray for the Lord’s favor on the week. We want it to be a week filled with fun, games, Bible learning, missions, and gospel sharing. Pray for great spiritual impact in the lives of all who attend and all who serve.
I’m expecting a fabulous Xtreme Week at Ingleside!
Worship in May. As vaccinations increase and spread of the coronavirus in our region remains low, our worship capacity limits are now up to 40%.
That means we can accommodate 640 worshipers in each service in the Worship Center, 200 in the Chapel, and 160 in the Multi-Purpose Gym. We have room for you!
For the month of May, here’s what you need to know:
- Reservations are still required – make your reservations here beginning at 4:00 p.m. on the preceding Sunday.
- We practice social distancing — touchless check-in, seating every other row, and at least one seat between households.
- Face coverings are optional – some will continue to wear them, some will not. All are welcome. Do what’s best for your situation – age, health, vaccination status, etc. – and show lots of grace toward others.
Of course, we will continue the livestream. So, if in-person worship is still not wisest for you, join us each week online!
More changes on Sunday, June 6. Assuming that vaccinations continue to increase and spread of the coronavirus in our region remains low, we plan to return to a normal Sunday schedule on the first Sunday of June.
That means our service times on Sunday, June 6, will again be what they were pre-pandemic:
|8:30 a.m.||Traditional Worship in the Chapel|
|9:40 a.m.||Blended Worship in the Worship Center|
|11:00 a.m.||Blended Worship in the Worship Center
Contemporary Worship in the Multi-Purpose Gym
It also means that beginning on Sunday, June 6 . . .
- There will be no capacity limits for worship services or other programming.
- Reservations will no longer be required.
- Seating patterns will be at the discretion of the worshipers.
- Face coverings will be optional.…
We plan to continue the livestream at 11:00 a.m. each Sunday morning for the foreseeable future.
So, please make the worship choice that is wisest and best for you given your age, health, vaccination statues, family circumstances, etc.
Details related to plans for specific age groups and ministry areas will be provided by our pastors and ministry leaders between now and Sunday, June 6.
Of course, we will continue to monitor the situation day-by-day and should the facts suggest a modification to the plan outlined above, we will adjust it accordingly.
By the Lord’s grace, our church has remained healthy and strong through the months of the pandemic, and I’m convinced that the best is yet to come.
I’m very grateful for your partnership in the gospel. It’s a great joy and privilege to be . . .
Your Pastor and Friend,