Wednesdays at Ingleside
Have you checked out Wednesday nights at Ingleside lately? If not, I hope you will consider doing so soon. It just may be an opportunity to enhance your spiritual growth that will work well in the rhythm of your week.
“So what happens at Ingleside on Wednesday nights?” you may ask. As you will see, there are opportunities to grow and serve for all ages and life stages.
- Midweek, in the Chapel, 6:30 p.m. – open to all, this gathering for adults includes songs of praise, prayer for congregational care needs and missions, and verse-by-verse Bible teaching by David Peterson, our Discipleship Pastor, and Mark Hudgins, our Membership Pastor. The current series of messages is from the book of Hebrews.
- Studies and groups – the current offerings for adults include: a study of “Gideon,” led by Christina Middleton; “Gospel in Life,” led by Lee Robinson; a study of Philippians,” led by Chris Reeves; “Gospel Revolution,” led by Will Thompson; and “A Mother’s Pattern for Prayer,” led by Lindsay Acocella. New studies begin in October. Some small groups meet on Wednesday night as well. For more information contact David Peterson.
- Age groups – from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., preschoolers, elementary-age kids, middle-schoolers, and high school students have excellent opportunities for spiritual growth through AWANA (for kids) and small groups, in the Basement for grades 6-8 and Across the Street for grades 9-12. Contact Andy Johnson, our Life Stages Team leader for more information.
- Choirs, band, orchestra, and production teams – Blended service choir, band, orchestra, and production teams rehearse at 6:15 p.m. Chapel Choir practices at 7:30 p.m. Contact Jonathan Green, our Worship Team leader for more information.
- A great meal – of course, to help make Wednesday nights doable for all, we serve a great buffet-meal from 4:45 to 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall. It’s the best $5.00 meal in Macon. Contact Laurence Dantzler, our Executive Chef, for details.
A recent snapshot – from September 4 – revealed that more than 600 people were involved on Wednesday nights at Ingleside. There’s room for you. I hope you will join us this Wednesday!