As the New Year begins, if you are in town I hope you will be in worship at Ingleside. Our regular schedule with four worship services resumes this Sunday, January 3, as follows:
8:30 a.m. Traditional Worship in the Chapel
9:40 a.m. Blended Worship in the Worship Center
11:00 a.m. Blended Worship in the Worship Center
11:00 a.m. Contemporary Worship in the Multi Purpose Gym
Still Reading the Word with Me?
Even though the holidays typically bring a change in some of our patterns at work, school, and church, I hope you are continuing the personal practice of engaging with God by reading a chapter of Scripture with me each day.
Readings for the current week are as follows:
|Sunday, December 27||Luke 22|
|Monday, December 28||Luke 23|
|Tuesday, December 29||Luke 24|
|Wednesday, December 30||Philippians 1|
|Thursday, December 31||Philippians 2|
|Friday, January 1||Philippians 3|
|Saturday, January 2||Philippians 4|
Mark Your Calendar
As the New Year begins, there are several Ingleside events that I hope you will participate in or pray for. Please put them on your calendar today.
- Sunday, January 10, Membership Class. No reservation is necessary. Dress is casual. Dinner and childcare is provided. Just come in at the east entrance to the Worship Center and a warm welcome will be waiting. The class begins at 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 10, Missions Class. Considering the possibility of going on an Ingleside mission trip this year? Then this class is for you. It’s at 4:00 p.m. Enter at the east entrance to the Worship Center.
- Friday thru Sunday, January 15-17, AWAKE. Pray for more than 220 students (middle school and high school) and 40 leaders who will be on a winter retreat weekend in Traveler’s Rest, SC. Pastors Andy Johnson and Justin Nalls are leading.
- Friday thru Sunday, January 22-24, Pittsburgh Mission Trip. Pray for an Ingleside team of eight ladies led by Katherine Thompson that will be facilitating a women’s retreat weekend for Renaissance Church, a new church that we support.
- Sunday, January 24, College Luncheon. A free lunch for college students at 12:15 p.m. (following the 11:00 a.m. worship services) in the Fellowship Hall is an opportunity to meet and get to know our new Young Adult Pastor, Blake Jenkins, and his wife, Becca.
- Sunday, January 31, Parenting Conference. For parents of all ages and life stages, don’t miss this opportunity to be trained and inspired by Dr. Timothy Paul Jones and our Ingleside team. More information and registration is online at www.ingleside.org.
- All month, Upward Basketball. Pray for 279 players, 16 cheerleaders, 60 coaches, and 36 teams as they learn how to play basketball, how to compete with good sportsmanship, and, most of all, how to follow Jesus Christ. Jon Kitchens provides overall leadership.
Happy New Year to you and yours!