After a summer shake up to our worship schedule in July and the completion of an overhaul of the HVAC system in our chapel, we will be back to our full worship schedule this Sunday, August 21.
As a reminder, we will worship in five services as follows:
8:30 a.m. Traditional Worship in the Chapel
9:40 a.m. Blended Worship in the Worship Center
11:00 a.m. Blended Worship in the Worship Center
11:00 a.m. Contemporary Worship in the Multi-Purpose Gym
11:00 a.m. Livestream Worship
This schedule has served our disciple-making mission well for several years – the blended services have been in place since 2004, the traditional service was launched in October 2010, the contemporary service was begun in September 2015, and the livestream service was started in March 2020.
The benefits of this schedule include:
- Time options – you can choose which time on Sunday morning works best for you and your family.
- Musical “heart language” options – you can choose which of the three musical expressions best gives voice to your praise and worship.
- An option when you are exploring or are away – of course, in-person worship is best. But the livestream has become a point of first contact for some who are considering coming to Ingleside and a way for those who are unable to attend to stay connected.
- Options for serving – multiple services in multiple musical heart languages opens the door for more members to use their gifts in serving – singing, playing, sound, light, video, set up, and much more. In addition, our classes, groups, studies, and Next Gen ministries that surround these services provide even more options for serving.
- Good stewardship – we have long believed that multiple-use rather than single-use of our buildings is wise.
Of course, Scripture does not mandate a particular worship schedule. So, we continually evaluate what seems wisest and best to facilitate our disciple-making mission. That’s why across my three decades at Ingleside our worship patterns have been adjusted several times. We will continue to ask the Lord for wisdom for the days ahead.
Remember, this Sunday, August 21, we will recognize, honor, and pray over educators in each of our worship services.
I’m looking forward to being in worship with our church family this Sunday, and I hope to see you too!
Semi-Annual Church Conference
On Wednesday night, August 31, at 7:45 p.m. in Room W-200, our church will gather for our Semi-Annual Church Conference.
The agenda includes electing new Overseers, voting on the proposed 2023 Ministry Budget, hearing ministry updates, and a Q&A time with the Lead Pastor.
A healthy church has healthy processes for governance and accountability. I’m grateful that such healthy processes have long been part of our culture at Ingleside.
I hope you will join us on August 31!
Your Pastor and Friend,