I hope you will join us this afternoon and evening as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ at Ingleside.
Again this year, we are planning three Christmas Eve services – two “family” services and one “candlelight communion” service as follows:
3:30 – 4:15 p.m. Family Service with live nativity
5:00 – 5:45 p.m. Family Service with live nativity
7:30 – 8:30 p.m. Candlelight Communion Service
All three services will have great music, an encouraging message, and worship by candlelight.
If you are new to Ingleside you may want to know a few more details. Please consider the following:
- No ticket is required, and the doors typically open about 20 minutes before each service begins.
- All seating is first-come, first-served. But, you will be able to see and hear no matter where you sit.
- The live nativity is near the plaza outside the Gathering Area on the west side of the Worship Center. The best time to view it is between the two family services.
- It is appropriate to bring children of all ages to the two family services. The service is only 45 minutes in length, and no child care is provided.
- The candlelight communion service is designed for adults and for families with children elementary age or older.
- Don’t miss the art exhibit on the mezzanine of the Gathering Area. Each piece is by an Ingleside artist!
- Our Ingleside Bookstore and Café will open at 2:30 p.m. The artwork from “The Joy of Christmas” is now available as a postcard or print.
The tradition of worshiping at Ingleside on Christmas Eve is growing. So, bring all your family and friends and be part of the celebration. I hope to see you this afternoon or evening!
Still Reading the Word with Me?
Even though the holidays typically bring a change in some of our patterns at work, school, and church, I hope you are continuing the personal practice of engaging with God by reading a chapter of Scripture with me each day.
As a reminder, we began reading through the Gospel of Luke on Sunday, December 6. So, the today’s chapter is Luke 19. The readings for the remainder of the year are as follows:
|Thursday, December 24||Luke 19|
|Friday, December 25||Luke 20|
|Saturday, December 26||Luke 21|
|Sunday, December 27||Luke 22|
|Monday, December 28||Luke 23|
|Tuesday, December 29||Luke 24|
|Wednesday, December 30||Philippians 1|
|Thursday, December 31||Philippians 2|
|Friday, January 1||Philippians 3|
|Saturday, January 2||Philippians 4|
One Worship Service December 27
On the Sunday after Christmas, December 27, there will be one worship service only at 10:30 a.m. at Ingleside. Childcare is provided for birth thru age four. Since there is no other age-group programming, age five and above are welcome in the Worship Center with their families for the service. If you are in town, I hope you will be in church this Sunday.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Your Pastor and Friend,