Thanks so much for your prayers and partnership as we launched our new contemporary service and our new worship schedule this past Sunday, September 13.
With 474 worshipers in the contemporary service and more than 2,300 worshipers overall, it was a great beginning. In every service there was a strong sense of the Lord’s favor and anointing!
Let’s do it again this week, shall we? As we make our way toward a “new normal,” let me encourage you to keep on taking some very practical steps to help our church achieve its full redemptive potential.
- Pray – ask God to grant favor and power in our worship services. The Bible says: “The prayer of a righteous person has great power” (James 5:16b, ESV).
- Invite – your personal invitation can make all the difference. Follow the example of the first followers of Christ who said to their friends: “Come and see” (John 1:46, ESV). This link might be helpful.
- Park – please fill all 240 spaces across the street at the shopping center first in order to leave the closest spaces for newcomers. Or, check out this option: #letsrideingleside.
- Sit – in the front half of the worship room. Please help create a great worship environment by filling the front sections first. If there are empty seats, make them be in the back rows.
- Welcome – Scripture says: “Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God” (Romans 15:7, ESV). Take the initiative to help newcomers feel at home.
- Worship – engage your whole heart, soul, mind, and strength (cf. Mark 12:30) as we sing, pray, and hear the Word. Don’t just watch; worship!
- Serve – be more than a passenger, become part of the crew. Find your place to serve others in Jesus’ name at Ingleside.
- Feedback – since we believe that “excellence honors God and inspires people,” please help by offering timely and solution-oriented suggestions.
Our goal is to make fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ – who come to worship, grow in a group, serve in the body, and go with the gospel – all for the glory of God! Do your part by being “all in.”
I am very grateful to be on this journey with you. And, I am confident that the best is yet to come!